I swear I won't post every blog about my pregnancy. I have other thoughts and things I want to post but my life is always busy. So when I find a moment to sit down and write a heartfelt good blog, I promise I will. For today it's story time about Riley and I.
Flash back to Tuesday Night
(Our most recent shot of her, from Wednesday)
I came home in pain.
The most pain I have been in these past 23 weeks.
Pain that was taking the breath out of me.
It scared the life out of David. He wasn't sure what to do or say to make it all better.
And I wasn't helping because I was just a few hairs short of
.... well let's be honest...
A Big Ole Mean Witch
Like one from your nightmares as a kid.
I was convinced something was wrong. I was scared and all I could think
"I just need to get through these next 16 hours so I can go to the doctor tomorrow afternoon for my appointment."
Surely they will tell me what is wrong.
Let's say... I was FREAKED out.
Suddenly, after I drank some caffeine because I needed some carbonation and ate some food, I was relieved of this "so called pain".
It all disappeared.
It was like a weight was lifted off of me
Or better yet
My child's foot finally come out of my stomach.
Lord she was trying to kick right through my stomach. She must of been hungry and was trying to make me feel the same pain she was feeling.
I had just fed the girl three hours ago, but she was hungry. And who am I kidding?? I was hungry too!
Of course when we had our ultrasound Wednesday, we asked how everything looks.
She looks great, healthy, all ten toes, and growing right on track.
I told the tech my scary story from the night before and she confirmed that Riley's feet are in fact right by my stomach. In close range for her to take any anger out on my poor little stomach. Yep, we confirmed the uncomfortable feeling I was having.
Riley
I am so sorry doodle bug. I promise from now on, I won't do that to you again if you promise not to stick your foot back in my stomach. That was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever felt in my life THUS FAR. Phew 17 weeks seems like a long ways to go!
David
My sweet loving guy
I am so sorry I freaked you out and made you worry, sometimes being pregnant you don't always have all the answers, nor do you always know what that uncomfortable feeling is right at the current moment.
Scary, yep.
Thanks for being my perfect match and my wonderful husband. I sure do love you more than you love me!
Now when I tell the story
I realize I really wasn't in pain, I was just uncomfortable. I just freaked out because I had not had a feeling like that in 23 weeks. My pregnancy has been so totally easy going and chilled out. I have not once gotten sick or ever felt sick.
I occasionally feel really tired. Sure I am more tired that I have ever been in my life, but its not this unbearable tired that I can't even stay awake.
It just feels like someone is draining my energy times two.
That's all it is.
She is burning my energy faster than I can I fuel the two of us.
So I am now taking time to learn the difference between pain and just down right uncomfortable feelings. It's all new for me. Trying to make sure I know when I am in serious pain and when I am just uncomfortable. So I also am learning not to freak out over little things too. Phew being pregnant is much harder than I ever pictured!
No comments:
Post a Comment