Today, I had my monthly check up.
Just the usual check up.
Go to the doctor's office, check in, sit, wait, wait, and wait some more.
Then my name is called, do some lab stuff.
Then I go back and sit and wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait.
See at the doctor's office I do a lot of WAITING.
Yep I am used to that by now.
But today I had to do my test for gestational diabetes. To make sure my body is processing the sugars and breaking them down correctly.
So today, I go in, wait for my name to be called and then I go back and drink this lovely syrup looking stuff that is nothing but pure sugar. And then what do I do, I sit and wait for a whole hour to get the results.
So I go back to my super comfortable chair and sit and wait.
So I go back to my super comfortable chair and sit and wait.
In the mean time, the other nurse calls me to get my weight and my blood pressure.
Blood pressure (the only normal thing at this appointment today).
My weight is a tad bit high this time around.
I even noticed that before the doctor said anything. I took a mental note.
I even noticed that before the doctor said anything. I took a mental note.
So back to waiting again. And worrying. And stressing over what the results of my blood sugar test will be.
Finally, I have passed the whole hour and its time for the big moment.
Finger prick and lots of blood later, they get my blood sugar.
And the results...
TOO HIGH.
I immidately want to break down and cry because I feel like it's something I could have done to prevent this. I just feel like it's all my fault. Maybe it is, I am still not sure!
So, I have to go back Tuesday for a THREE HOUR TEST to see if my body can break down all those stinky sugars.
Needing many prayers for a normal reading on Tuesday!
After forever and a day of waiting. I see my doctor. A sweet caring man who informs me that dispite my large weight gain in a month and my high blood sugars, Riley is doing okay and growing right on track.
That was the only other comforting part of my visit today.
It also makes a huge difference that my doctor was a caring, guy full of information for me. I am throughly pleased with the whole office up there.
So Tuesday at 8:30 am, everyone think of me. and If anyone is free to come sit with me for 3 hours, I'd greatly appricate that!
I call my mom after the appointment, who immidatly calms me down and makes me feel much better. Thanks mom, I sure do love you so very much and know I can always count on you to talk me back to a rational state of mind.
David, what a huge support he's been through this whole thing. I am sure I drove him nuts today with how crazy I was going, but he continues to calm and makes me see the better side of everything! Have I mentioned before that he is my perfect guy??
My dear best friend, who just makes everything seem normal, keeps my life going in the direction it should be even when things get tough. Thanks for that Cari Ellen. That's just what I needed today. Have I mention she is the GREATEST BFF IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD?? No one has a better BFF :)
No comments:
Post a Comment