Welcome to MY world. Where life isn't always as simple put together as it seems. I was born with a BI-Lateral hearing loss, meaning I wear hearing aids in both ears. I DO not let it hinder me in anyway and strive to live life with whatever comes my way. This is my journey as a mom and a wife living in a world of continual silence at times. I am out to show the world that this is not going to stop me from achieving my dreams and being the best I can be. I know I was made this way for a reason. While we may not always understand why, we have to try our best to figure it out.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Riley Month Four

I'm a little late on posting this one. It's taken me a long to time gather up all the words I want to say about this 4th month. 
April was a LONG month. But as always it was another GREAT month.
There were a LOT of first for Riley this month.
There were also a LOT of first for mommy and daddy this month.



Riley has been with us now for 4 full months. This has been the best 4 months of our lives.
She gets more fun everyday and she continues to grow and get bigger and accomplish many things. 
Except roll over. She's done it ONCE and won't do it again. Driving this momma insane. But its all on her time so I am not pushing it.


She is sitting up in her bumbo like a PRO. She loves to sit and watch her baby einstein videos in it.
She is working on trying to sit up on her own but it's still a bit early for her to do that on her own. When she is sitting in my lap, you will see her head move forward as she tries to pull herself into the sitting position on her own. 


This picture was taken the day we went to her first "not wellness" appointment. Over one weekend in her third month, she started getting this horrid cough and cold and I was a little worried about it. Then she started getting REALLY fussy and anyone that knows Riley well knows she the complete opposite of that. She is a very happy go lucky baby all the time. I decided I wanted to just get her looked at to make sure the cough wasn't anything serious and turns out it's a good thing I decided that.
She ended up having a DOUBLE ear infection at 3 months old. That was the saddest thing I've ever seen but thankfully with the help of some meds which she took like a PRO, she seemed to get better. We went back for her 4 month check up and shots and turns out one ear was better but the other was not. So we started another round of meds and that seemed to do the trick. We go back this week for a follow up. Pray it's ALL good and much better. She's been quite the champ! We are so proud of our strong baby girl!


She is FINALLY starting to like tummy time. This has been longing time coming. After about 10 minutes she gets sick of tummy time but she is MUCH better at it then she was when we first started the whole ordeal. Now to get her to roll over to her tummy....


She went to her first wedding this month and was a pretty good girl for the most part. She didn't cry during the ceremony but she sure did wanna talk along with the vows and the paster. Silly baby.


She also went to her first "party" if you will. My sister is 31 weeks pregnant and we thru here a baby shower and Riley of course was in attendance. Everyone was so happy to see Darcy's cute little baby bump and Riley. Riley, David and I are all THROUGH the MOON Overly excited to meet this little bundle of joy. Hurry up July!
Darcy is taking this pregnancy like a pro. She's an awesome little pregnant mommy who does much better at the weight gaining thing than I did. At 31 weeks I do believe she has only gained about 14 pounds which is ALL BABY. That girl has not an ounce of fat on her and she looks wonderful. By 31 weeks I think I was up about 30 pounds. You do the math her people but if I am not mistaken thats about a pound a week. Yep, not good. Darcy you are a champ, maybe next go round I can do as well as you have and not go crazy on the weight gain. LOVE YOU SISTER SISTER!


She celebrated her first Easter in style with lots of wonderful gifts from the Easter Bunny. Here she is with her first basket. Needless to say baby girl was SPOILED rotten just by the Easter Bunny. I hate to see what happens when Santa comes. 


She's learned that the MOM-ARAZZI is not ever going to get any better. I am constantly snapping a picture of her with some form of camera. Oh well, she will be used to it sooner or later! We also have learned that no girl is to leave the house without a bow. Yep, I am one of those momma's and I love every minute of it.


She is still sleeping thru the night like a champ and always a blessing to be with. She LOVES her swing in the backyard and enjoys her swinging time with her daddy. 
She's been on several trips this month and has been okay for most of them. She is not a fan of long car trips and she is not afraid to let us know that. Guess she will have to get used to that. Poor baby.
Month 5 will be here before we know it. SCARY!
June and July are going to be CRAZY busy months for us. But of course they will be so very fun. Can't wait to see what they bring!





No comments:

Post a Comment