Welcome to MY world. Where life isn't always as simple put together as it seems. I was born with a BI-Lateral hearing loss, meaning I wear hearing aids in both ears. I DO not let it hinder me in anyway and strive to live life with whatever comes my way. This is my journey as a mom and a wife living in a world of continual silence at times. I am out to show the world that this is not going to stop me from achieving my dreams and being the best I can be. I know I was made this way for a reason. While we may not always understand why, we have to try our best to figure it out.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Riley Month Three

Days, weeks, and months FLY by now.
I can't keep track of the days anymore with how fast they go.
It's simply because we are so devoted to this little girl and watching her change in a matter of minutes has occupied every ounce of our life.



WE ENJOY EVERY SECOND OF IT.


We like the good days and the bad days. We enjoy the easy times and we enjoy the tough times. We enjoy these because these days and memories are being written in our story book. We enjoy them because we are a team. We support each other. We encourage each other. Everything we do, we do it with love.
ALWAYS.




I want Riley to grow up in a loving household. That's exactly what David and I are. We let her know just how loved she is by us. We remind her daily, hourly, even by the minute.
One of us is always loving on her. We can't help it. It comes so easily with her.
We want her to know just how richly in love her parents are.
I read a book while I was pregnant that talked about the foundation of the home is love.
That's what I strive to make our home.



Love. Truth. Honesty. 
David and I make sure to show the other how much we love each other. I always tell him do you know how much I love you.
And he says it to me.
 He hugs me. He kisses me. He holds me when I cry. He supports me when I need to be support. He picks me up when I have fallen. He laughs with me when I am funny. He laughs at me when I say something stupid. Most of all, he loves me. You can see it in his eyes. And I do all the same for him. But I swear he is the foundation to this family. He holds us together so well. David if I don't tell you enough, I love you. More than you love me. If that's possible ;)
I have no doubt Riley will grow up in a loving family!



The other night before bedtime for Riley, David looks at me and says
"Do you know how lucky we are?"
I just smiled and said "I think I have a pretty good idea, but do share if you want to..."
He just went on to explain it but I just smiled and listened, and agreed with everything he was saying. I just love hearing him say it because I know that I am not the only crazy in love obsessed parent with this little one. He makes me feel sane.
 This sleeping angel just reminds me how lucky we are.
She is so peaceful.

April 6, 2012.
Three Whole Months.


(Smiling at Daddy. Go figure)


That's crazy scary how fast its going.  I remember thinking on Friday
"Life was so dull before her"
And it was. 
Our lives are so much richer thanks to this little teeny tiny baby. And she has NO idea she's doing it to us.
She has NO idea how much she is changing our lives and making us better people.
She is our blessing, our gift sent straight from heaven.
She is exactly what we needed and couldn't have come at a more perfect time.
She amazes me. My little 3 month old baby. She makes me a stronger person.



Every morning we lay in my bed and she takes a nap while I stare at her. Today, I found myself day dreaming and thinking. I even shed a tear or two because I just love her so much. I've always been a little more emotional then most people normally are. But Riley, she's changed me. She's made me a total tender hearted, tear up, kind of momma, over the little things. I don't mind it at all.
I'm WAY emotional. The kind that cries at good things.
Happy moment tears. Yep. That's me.
I never knew love could be this sweet and peaceful. One day many mornings from now, I will greatly miss our morning snuggles, but for now, I enjoy every moment of them. They are too rich with love and admiration for one another to get up while she naps next to me. All chores can wait, this is way more important because one day she will not want me staring at her sleep. I love this little angel that is mine so much.



One of my friends just had a baby this week. She blogged her story of delivery. It brought tears to my eyes because I always remember the love I felt that first day 3 months ago. It makes me know that love like this is so possible and so wonderful.
 I remember everything so freshly and so raw. I will blog our story soon because I never want to forget a single detail. If you care to read it you can.

Riley Milestones.
(Things for us to remember and you to learn if you care to.)

We are awaiting anxiously the day she rolls over. This week she's been practicing it for DAYS. She's trying. It frustrates her so badly that she can't but she's getting there. We are so proud.



We had a very constant paci baby. Well last week she decided to entertain the idea of her thumb. Yep, shes working hard on that thumb. We keep reassuring her with the paci. Who knows what will happen.
She has sleeping thru the nights. Goes to bed at 8pm and usually wakes up around 6 or 7. Its WONDERFUL.
She is smiling almost ALL THE TIME. She's so funny. She smiles and coos and smiles and coos.
She loves to smile at daddy.
She's a talker. She loves to talk to us. We love to listen to her.

The world is a very interesting place for her. You can tell because she just looks around so amazed by everything.
She's never really been a snuggly baby. She is MUCH happier laying on the floor in her gym or on the bed with you talking to her. She does not like to be held like most babies.
SHE HATES BEING SWADDLED. Somehow I knew this would happen. Most babies, right before they come out, they are in the fetile position, curled in a ball ready to come out.
NOT RILEY.
She was "starred" out in my stomach, that last ultra-sound at 39 weeks made us think she had a made a home in there with how comfortable she was. To this day, she still hates being swaddled. When they brought her to us that first day, she managed to wiggle her way out of the swaddle, we would re-swaddle her and she would get mad and do it all over again. She's like her momma, HATES small spaces.



She gets the hiccups daily, at 11am and they make her just as mad EVERY single time.



No comments:

Post a Comment