Welcome to MY world. Where life isn't always as simple put together as it seems. I was born with a BI-Lateral hearing loss, meaning I wear hearing aids in both ears. I DO not let it hinder me in anyway and strive to live life with whatever comes my way. This is my journey as a mom and a wife living in a world of continual silence at times. I am out to show the world that this is not going to stop me from achieving my dreams and being the best I can be. I know I was made this way for a reason. While we may not always understand why, we have to try our best to figure it out.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pieces of me

There are two dates that make me the person I am. 

Well three if you include my birthday but that's a given. We all know I wouldn't be who I am if that one little day many years ago had not existed.  
January 27, 1989
My mom pushed and shoved and cried and screamed and tried to get me out.
I was stuck, stubborn, not ready to emerge from my comfort of my home.
Much like my little Riley. Although she was not stuck, she came out.
TWO long hours later of pushing. And of course the vacuum they used to get her out because I couldn't do it anymore. Well I did. I pushed her out with the help of the vacuum. I just didn't have it in me. I was literally going to throw up if I tried anymore without any type of help. I was in tears. I was hot. Super super hot. Then I was cold. Super super cold. Still no baby. The vacuum saved my life. And out came our baby. 
I'm still going to blog our story. Maybe tomorrow. Seeing as that will be one week till she is SIX months. Really already SIX WHOLE MONTHS.
Anyways, unlike Riley, I was still really stubborn.
So Emergancy C-Section it was. 
And out I came. After a push and a tug and a huge pop sound. 
That sound was me, my head being unstuck from my mom's poor precious hips.
And my world of silence began.
But no one knew. I was sound asleep.
No one would know I was hearing loss until I was at least a year old.
Mom was scared lifeless when I didn't make a peep.
You see my sister came out screaming. And continued just that until I was born. 
Her exact words "Will someone please smack her?"
Well she just wanted to make sure I was okay. So I woke up and my precious story started.
But that's not the important days. 
The important days would be many many years later.

June 25, 2011






The day I became one.
I married my best friend in life. 
My David Alexander Lyman.
My love.
My sweet heart.
My sugar bear.
My supporter. 
The guy who when my life dreams and goals change, he just smiles and says "Sweetheart if that will make you happy, then do it."
He never makes me feel stupid or belittles my next stupid idea. He never tells me he thinks it's dumb. He just laughs and smiles and tells me to go for it.
And when I realize what a dumb idea it really was, he just welcomes me with open arms and tells me I did my best. I gave it my all and that's all that matters. Most of all, he is proud of me. 
He loves me like my dad loves me. That's what I love most about him. He reminds me so much of my dad. And he supports my goals and dreams just like my dad does. 






Other than marrying my guy and knowing I was forever his and he forever mine, one of my most favorite memories of our big day was with my dad.
Standing there with him, right before we walked down the isle, my sweet daddy looks at me and says
"Can this wait? I gotta pee" 
Really dad? Really? This is my wedding day and I am about to marry the man of my dreams and you ask if this can wait. I just smile and say "Sure thing, I won't go anywhere without you"
Just why I love him so much. I think he just wanted a few more minutes to spare with me, a few more minutes to gather his thoughts that he was about to give away his baby girl. 
Out he comes, smiling as big as ever. Just melted my little 2 year old heart. I felt little again, just looking up at my daddy, begging him to marry me. He carefully broke my heart. But that's okay because I got to marry David, many many years down the road. I just didn't know it at that time.
The whole way down the aisle my dad just melted my heart more and more. He gave me words of advice. He cracked jokes, and most of all he told me he loved me and was so proud to be my dad.
Words I will remember for the rest of my life and cherish forever. 
Words that I keep between Dad and I. 
Last time being his baby as Grace Ellen Hall.


I am still his baby. Just in a different way.
Plus I kind of take second to his baby Riley now. Thats okay with me.
I just can't get enough of him.
David and my Dad both. 
The two guys that complete my heart. 
Of course in two totally different ways.
I just love being his wife.






January 6, 2012

The day our lives began.
Riley Danielle Lyman entered this world
So sweet and so perfect. 
Together we began a whole unit. 
A family. A family of 3.
It our adventure started. What a fun time it has been.

That's how you get me. 
David and Riley.
There dates make me who I am.
Crazy how that works.

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! Of course, my birthday would be another important day ;) haha

    ReplyDelete