Welcome to MY world. Where life isn't always as simple put together as it seems. I was born with a BI-Lateral hearing loss, meaning I wear hearing aids in both ears. I DO not let it hinder me in anyway and strive to live life with whatever comes my way. This is my journey as a mom and a wife living in a world of continual silence at times. I am out to show the world that this is not going to stop me from achieving my dreams and being the best I can be. I know I was made this way for a reason. While we may not always understand why, we have to try our best to figure it out.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Riley Month 5

Five Whole Months.



"That's a short long lotta months"
That's what I said today when I looked at David and said 
"Five months, we have a five month old. That's a short long lotta months."
We both laughed.
What exactly did I mean by that?
I can't believe that Riley has been here for five months. It's not quiet half a year yet, but it's long enough to know that she is by far the GREATEST blessing of this life time yet. It's long enough to know that in 7 months, which will end up being a few short months I'll be saying one year old. That's scary.




 She came into our lives at just the perfect time. We needed her so badly and we didn't even know it. Now, I really really need her or I think my heart might stop. She is my heart outside of my chest. David is what keeps it beating. 
Those two, they make up my heart. The whole big heart. And just one smile from either of them and they pull my heart strings. My heart is busting at the seams.
It's truly the BEST feeling I've ever felt. I am so fully obsessed.



Will I ever be able to love another one as much as I do her?
Just that thought alone worries me, but I know I will. I know it will only make my love for her even greater. Is that possible?
I've become one of those silly moms that uses crazy funny sayings that explain how much I adore Riley.


I'm one of those love sick wives that just can't tell my husband enough how much I love him.
I think in a span of one hour, I may say "I love you" to David at least 60 times.
You do the math people. I am no good at math, but if I was I'd tell you that is at least once every minute. Sometimes I get it in 5 times in a minute. 
Are we disgustingly obsessed with each other? 
More than likely. Oh well, that's what married people do.
In Riley's fifth month we did a lot of fun things but we also relaxed a lot more than we have since having her.

It feels like since we've had her we are always on the go. In the month leading up to her "5 month birthday" we stayed at home a lot more. We made one big trip to Fripp Island to visit David's parents.
It was an adventure for Riley. She is not so much a fan of the beach right now. That will change.



Riley's Five Month Milestones




1. She recognizes David and I really well. When ever one of us walks into the room she lights up REALLY big.
2. She has giggled several times. We are not sure what triggers her to giggle because we will try the same thing and the next time it won't make her laugh. It is the cutest thing I've ever heard though.
3. She still hasn't mastered the Roll over yet. It's any day tho because she is TRYING SO HARD.
4. She is still sleeping about 10-12 hours a night. I'm hoping this doesn't change. She likes to be put in her crib and she falls asleep on her own at night. Rocking her to sleep is just not an option. Some days I am okay with that and other days I'd love to rock her to sleep. But I know I am setting up good habits for later in life so I can't complain.
5. She started rice cereal this month. She is a pro at eating.
6. She smiles ALOT.
7. She still continues to be a rather easy baby.
8. We think she is starting to teeth. She likes to chew on things a lot more now.
9. She is trying to start to sit up on her own.
10. She loves an exersaucer that is for sure



















No comments:

Post a Comment