Friday July 6, 2012
Riley is a full six months.
15 lbs 8 ounces
26 inches long
She is in between the 25% and the 50% for weight this month. A little closer to the 50% but not quiet there. Most babies her age weigh in at 16 pounds or more. She was 8 ounces off. This worried me, but our wonderful doctor said he was not in the one bit worried about it. He was pleased with her progress and happy with how much she eats. He just reassured me that some babies grow slower than others. Nothing to worry about.She is in the 75% for height. He and I both were VERY please with this. Although David and I both know that this saddly means our baby will more than likely be taller than us. As long as she is healthy. That's all we care about.
This month she went to her first birthday party. She loved it and of course was the center of attention. David and I both try not to make her that way but somehow it naturally happens. I think that will fade with time.
She also spent some quailty time with my cousin's daughter Willa. Willa is 18 months old and she is so super cute and fun. They both adored each other but I certainly cannot wait for them to be able to chase each other around one day soon. It will be neat to see.
Half way through YEAR ONE.
Six Whole Months with Riley Danielle Lyman
I cannot believe it. A total of six months. In six short months, we will be celebrating one whole year. If it goes as fast as these six months have gone, I might be incredibly sad. I am enjoying watching her grow up so much but I am also not sure I am ready for my baby to be one. Thank goodness I have six more months.I was a bit emotional around her half year birthday. It's all a good emotional but I just canNOT wrap my head around how fast it goes, how fun it is, and how truly wonderful she is. I am still amazed daily by the little things. For example, she really is all mine for ever and ever or the one that always puzzles me, that I love her so much and every morning I wake up and I love her even more than I did the day before.
We are starting to see her personality bloom a little more each day. And she gets more and more fun each day. She giggles at the silly things and makes very serious concentrated faces at the more curious things. She loves a bath and her daddy is defiantly someone she loves more than anyone in this world. There have been more days lately where all three of us are home together and she starts crying while I am holding her. The instant she gets into her daddy's arms she stops. She thinks we are both great and I love that but I am glad more and more each day she leans on him.
We made Father's day a WHOLE weekend to show daddy how much we appreciate him. Of course the poor guy was fighting kidney stones all weekend but we did our best to make him feel better. Here is one of my favorite onsie's of hers that we got just for father's day. Of course she wears it more than that but it was bought to tell daddy how much we love him!
Here she is sleeping with her elephant while we waited in the ER for results from David's test. As many of you may have read he had kidney stones. Riley was a doll the whole time.
She is a very LONG baby. Her body still fits in 3 month clothing but her length is WAY too long for those. She has moved on to 6 month clothing for the length. Of course she should be in 6 month clothing because she is 6 months but some babies do grow slower. Her weight is also pretty even spread through out her whole body.
(Helping me grocery shop for work, she's the best sidekick EVER!)
I made the comment to a friend the other day that "Does the obsession go away because if it doesn't shes going to hate me in her teenage years." I honestly think it will never go away and that's perfectly okay with me! She will see why I am the way I am one day many, MANY years from now!
Riley's Milestones
1. She finally figured out how to roll over, like 5 days after her 5 month birthday. It was a very exciting day and moment for me.2. This past Sunday, July 1st, so figured out how to roll from back to belly, then belly to back. She's not doing a complete roll over because she rolls over her left shoulder both times but she's got the hang of it. She hasn't completely mastered the belly to back but she knows how to do it.
3. I think we have what doctors call a "long teether"
4. She's very happy most of the time. She has her moments, but she is typically very full of energy and VERY easy to please.5. She's been a terrible napper but a wonderful night time sleeper. She's started to get little better about napping but she's what I call a "power nap kind of girl". 15 minutes here, 30 minutes there, 10 minutes from home to work. Just naps when it works for her.
6. This child LOVES to eat.7. She eats more veggies than fruits.
8. She still continues to be the apple of mine and David's eye. We are just smitten by her.
9. She still sleeps very well and thru the night. The past few nights she has been waking up but I go in her room, turn on her white noise and within minutes she's back asleep. Hoping this phase will pass soon.
10. She's starting to learn how to wave. She will do it from time to time. She also is working on nodding her head yes. It tends to be her whole body when she does.











No comments:
Post a Comment