Three loves of my life. David. Riley. MOLLY :) I just am filled with love. I am lucky. I am blessed. I am beyond thankful.
July 14, 2012
The day my life would forever change again. I would become an aunt to the SWEETEST, most PRECIOUS little angel I know. (aside from Riley but we all know what my thoughts and feelings are on this sweet little one) Enough on Riley. This is my sweet Molly's blog today.
David, mom and I had joked earlier this morning that today would be the day for Darcy and Ed. But none the less, we had no plans of doing much other than going to Camden for lunch with mom and dad. Check the progress on the house. Let Riley swim in her pool. Just a fun relaxed day. Honestly, no plans to go to Greenville. David and I didn't pack a single thing. All we had with us was what Riley needed for the day trip to Camden.
The three of us, David, Riley and I, hop in the car and make the short 45 minute ride to Camden. We get to their house around 2:15. Mom comes RUNNING out the house to my car. So excited, Darcy had called and her exact words where "mom I THINK my water broke. So we are going to go to the hospital and make sure it wasn't that. If it was that, I'll call you and you guys can head up on and await the arrival." PERFECT. Exactly the words we've all been DYING to hear since June when Darcy had her first little scare.
5 short minutes later, Darcy calls back. "I know my water just broke mom, we haven't even left and I just lost a bunch more. Y'all head on up"
Okay cool, we will eat lunch and head up. Minor detail, this overly thrilled sister could not even dream of eating anything because I was busting at the seams with joy. I was so excited for Darcy and Ed. I had been telling them this for a while. I couldn't wait for them to feel the exact same love David and I feel. I couldn't wait to find out what baby Struble was. I couldn't wait to hold the little mean monster beating my sister up. Mostly I couldn't wait for Riley to have a cousin and David & I to become an aunt/uncle. There was so much I couldn't wait for.
We make the 2 and a half hour drive to Greenville. Didn't go back to Florence for anything. Just made a stop by Walmart for Riley's food and a nighty for her to sleep in. I had too much to do. Mom and I planned to clean the house while we waited. We dropped Emmett (mom and dad's dog) off at Darcy's and then went straight to the hospital. We got there around 7:30. Right in time, Darcy was starting to push. Mom and Dad got to see her right when we got there and then got dismissed because it was "go time". Darcy pushed. Mom and I got impatience. We wanted to know what was going on. We must have walked MILES around the hospital trying to occupy our time. I just wanted to see my sister at this point. Forget the baby, I just wanted to hold Darcy's hand and tell her how awesome she was, how proud of her I was, how I knew she could do it. But I couldn't do any of that. I was loosing it.
Mom and I finally overhead something. First, we thought it was them saying it's a girl. We thought the baby was here, but it was really the nurse saying "you got it girl" Dang way wrong. They ended up having to do a C-Section and I finally got to see my sister as they wheeled her in. I was a tad emotion upon seeing her but I just love my sister so much.
9:27pm they roll Darcy back to start. The nurse tells us it will take a little less than an hour.
9:45pm. Molly Iris Struble was born
9:45pm mom and I are strolling around STILL waiting to hear something. We waited and waited and waited. Mom and I are NOT patient people. Put us together, lord help you because we are not a good combo when it comes to waiting.
A nurse finally came out around 10:20 looking for "James". Mom says "Aw man I was hoping you had news for us about Darcy"
The nurse said "oh you haven't heard. Darcy's fine, and the baby is here. All is GREAT." All I could do was cry and begin to pray and Thank Jesus for answers all the prayers I had going for Darcy!
Mom immediately cuts the nurse off "Don't tell us what it is, I think Ed wanted to tell us, so go tell Ed to come see us."
"Yes ma'am Right away"
She walks in and what seemed like 5 long minutes later she comes back, "Ed said it's okay to come back."
You couldn't wipe the proud papa bear smile off his face if you tried!
The "mom-a-razzi" in me snaps two pictures but I go back to holding my sister's hand and comforting her. I honestly would have never left her it they hadn't made me leave. I just wanted to sit there and cuddle my Darcy. She broke my heart. But she made me so proud all at the same time. Darcy really is my hero. I am so incredibly beyond proud of my sister. She handled everything SO MUCH better than I ever would have. She is AMAZING. She is strong and she is a fighter. She is a terrific aunt and a WAY better mommy. Molly is so blessed.
And that Molly. Don't even get me started on her. I just love her so much. I honestly feel like she is mine too. I didn't think my heart was capable of loving someone other than Riley as much I as I love Molly. I swear I love her just as much as I love Riley. I think about the two of the constantly. Riley and Molly. They occupy my mind. I just smile all day when I look at the pictures.
Molly Iris Struble. The girl who made me an Aunt and my sister a Mommy. I love you baby girl. SO SO SO MUCH. More than you or anyone else will
EVER know! Thank you for being my baby girl too.
Already making faces like Riley! They are going to be BEST friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment