I overheard a friend of mine telling another friend that they "wished that my baby would have been as good as hers" and points at me.
I chuckled and blushed.
Her baby is a wonderful baby in her own little baby way.
I am flattered that people want a baby like Riley. But I am here to tell you she is not all sugar and sweet.
She has some spice and sour.
BUT I am 100% okay with that.
Riley is not perfect nor do we expect her to be. That's part of being a baby and a mommy or a daddy. You have good moments and you have some really ROTTEN, SOUR, POOPEY, STINKY moments. But that is LIFE.
I kind of signed up for those moments when I had her...
RIGHT?
That is what you sign at the hospital before you leave...
Right?
A "I will always love my baby and care for her and kiss her and not shake her and not get frustrated when she cries a lot" agreement with the hospital...NO?
I swear I signed something that said just that.
Ok, all jokes aside, we all know babies are not perfect.
They are not always happy.
They don't know how to tell us their problems other than cry.
They can't clean up after themselves.
They dirty themselves in diapers.
But we love them all the same.
David and I will be the first to tell you Riley does have bad days... do we love her any less? NEVER in a million years.
Here are just a few examples of her not so sweet/perfect moments....
For the first 72 hours of Riley's life after leaving the hospital, (she was born on a Friday and this started on a Sunday) so from Sunday to Wednesday, she did not make a (let's be politically correct here) Bowel Movement for 72 hours. NOT NORMAL. She was crying and screaming because gas hurt her so bad. She refused to stinky. Stubborn yes I know. It freaked us out a little bit. The doctors said "this is normal" ... not sure how when at the hospital they had us writing it down and making sure she was "BM"ing enough and then we go home and no BM's are normal. We Kyro syruped her bottles. Do NOT try this unless advised to by medical practices. Yes our doctor told us to. I slightly think it was because I called daily until they gave me answers. I even called to let them know she did. Am I crazy mom?
How sweet she looks when she's sleeping
Except when she's not sleeping at night
...RIGHT?
When Riley wasn't but two weeks old, she got her days and night mixed up. All for one night, why? Because David and I kept her up all day the next day. Mean parents. Yes I know. But we would have been a lot worse off with little to no sleep. She seemed to make it through life okay thus far. If she has any major complications or issues, I suppose we can blame it on that day.
The day my friend made this said comment, Riley woke up at 10pm and SCREAMED and when I say screamed I mean like a horrid scream for a full two hours. Was it beyond crazy and exhusting, absolutely. It was almost like our 13 month old decided a year late she wanted to be a colic baby. But we made it through and we went to the doctor the next day. Diagnosed with at least one known ear infection.
Ear infections- aka the rot of all evil. They turn our baby into demon baby. We still love her.
And of course we can't forget about how TODAY she decided it deamed a good time to BITE her mommy. Yep. NOT SO SWEET HUH?
But aside from that little issues here and there, Riley is a WONDERFUL baby.
We have been blessed.
We love her so so much.
She will ALWAYS be our baby. ALWAYS
Until next time
XOXO
The Lyman clan
No comments:
Post a Comment