Whew. It has been a LONG time since I've last posted. The last post was from when Riley, my mom, and I went to Ohio for my Fall break. Riley wasn't even two yet. Now she is two and fully blooming! She is adding on lots of things she can do and does. She speaks pretty well, David and I, as well as her "teachers" at daycare are really the only people who can understand her fully but she has a lot of words that strangers can tell as well. Strangers can make out about 90 percent of her words.
David and I always laughed when people told us she would have her own language that only the three of us understand and man it is so true. Now, there are times when he and I cannot understand a single word she is saying but for the most part we get her. She understands us very well though, does not mean she listens but she understands. She sings a mix of like 8 songs in one, which is usually barely understandable.
LISTENING- man this girl is trying my patience some days because she likes to do the exact opposite of what I tell her to do but she is a toddler. That is part of learning...right? Or is that just my kid? I really cannot believe she is a full TWO years and TWO months. Time really does fly..
Am I ready for another....NOPE! Not yet anyways.
Let's talk words. I want to remember the things she says many years from now and how she says them so I feel that spelling them how she says them will help.
Fruichss (fruit)
buuueee-beees (blueberrys)
Baww- beees (Strawberrys)
ahhh-pull (apple)
Cha-chit (chocolate, for chocolate milk that is)
ou-side (she leaves the T off of out)
Saw-weee (sorry)
One of my most favorite thing she does is refers to herself as "Riwee." When she falls she says "wooah Riwee. Riwee otay Riwee otay" or "Riwee do it."
But my most favorite thing she says is, she comes up to us and puts her arms up and says "mommy (daddy) hold chew, hold chew". I really just think this is so sweet for whatever reason. Crazy. I know.
We've been going to church on Sundays regularly lately and she says church with a real southern girl accent. I think I accidently gave her that, even though I really don't have a strong accent.
Most things with a T or K gets changed to a chaa sounds. Recently she says milch instead of milk. It just a stage and it's kind of funny and cute. Just hoping we can fix it. We of course correct her every time she says it the wrong way.
Every morning when she wakes up, I usually have myself a cup of coffee already made. If I don't she will come running into the kitchen and stand by my coffee maker, looks over at me and says "mommy, toofee, toofee." Either I am really that irraable in the mornings or she just knows I like my coffee bright and early first thing in the morning.
Two and three word sentances are becoming more common. We love when she says things like "thank you mommy" or "hi daddy." She's been tagging on our names to things a lot and love that.
Names- speaking of names. This girl is G-O-O-D with names. She knows most of the kids in her classes name, as well as a great major of the teachers names as well. She's got some super connection with a lady named Shay at daycare that she always talks about and we love Ms. Shay. She also talks about Angel a lot, who is another teacher and Chelle (identical twin sisters that both have chelle in their names so they both go by chelle)
Every morning when we wake Riley up for me to go to class and David work, it usually takes her a little while to get up and moving. I usually let her help pick out what she wants to wear, with my guiding as to what goes with what shirt or pants she's picked out. We also talk about daycare a lot because she went through a stage of crying very hard when we dropped her off. Once we started talking about it and David and I interact with her friends and her when we drop her off. She's (knock on wood) gotten over that and so now we really talk daycare up. Every morning we ask her if she wants to "go see her friends." That usually proceeds in her shouting "muh furwinds, muh furwinds." The other morning I was asking her if she was almost ready to go see her friends, to which she starts clapping and saying "hurray." I forgot I needed to do a few things around the house before we left the house for the day and she proceeded to follow me around crying until we were ready. When we got in the car she said "yayy mommy, muh furwinds, riwee see muh furwinds"
Fast forward about 2 days to Saturday, she woke up and she was irrable. Crying about everything, just down right grumpy. I was in the middle of cleaning the house when I realized our mop bucket had disappeared to lord knows where. I decide to round Riley and David up to run to Lowes, which is literally 2 minutes from our house. We turned into the Lowe's parking lot and Riley started crying saying "no mommy. no daddy. Riwee see muh furwinds." Apparently she wanted to go to daycare on a Saturday. Punk!!
Daycare has been working on sharing, like BIG time! It's sweet to walk in and hear and see them working on it. It's also funny to hear Riley tell me to share. Like the other day when she wanted my car keys that I needed so I could drive. I of course wouldn't give them to her. She stopped me in my tracks, turned around and looked at me with all seriousness, (and her hands on her hips, which had me dying laughing) and says "mommy, share, you have share mommy". I didn't even know what to say or do but laugh. At least she is learning something.
Let's talk food. She loves to eat. But she is semi picky. She really doesn't eat much meat, unless is ground meat and mixed into something.
She LOVES beans with everything she has in her. She would, could, and does eat beans like everyday.
Fruit. She loves all fruits.
PASTA and Rice.
Bread.
Green Beans.
Corn, on the cob, off the cob, heck even the cob if it was actually edible.
Milk. Milk. and more Milk.
Peas.
Carrots.
I am sure she eats more than what's on this list but that's all I can think of at the current moment.
She still continues to be the light and joy of our lives. She is the greatest thing to happen to David and I. I sure love her more than I can ever explain. Riley D, your daddy and I love you lots girlfriend. We love watching you grow into the little bitty person that you are and we love being surrounded by you.
Stay sweet and keeping growing. Your turning out to be a wonderful little girl.
Picture drop coming soon!
Welcome to MY world. Where life isn't always as simple put together as it seems. I was born with a BI-Lateral hearing loss, meaning I wear hearing aids in both ears. I DO not let it hinder me in anyway and strive to live life with whatever comes my way. This is my journey as a mom and a wife living in a world of continual silence at times. I am out to show the world that this is not going to stop me from achieving my dreams and being the best I can be. I know I was made this way for a reason. While we may not always understand why, we have to try our best to figure it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment