Welcome to MY world. Where life isn't always as simple put together as it seems. I was born with a BI-Lateral hearing loss, meaning I wear hearing aids in both ears. I DO not let it hinder me in anyway and strive to live life with whatever comes my way. This is my journey as a mom and a wife living in a world of continual silence at times. I am out to show the world that this is not going to stop me from achieving my dreams and being the best I can be. I know I was made this way for a reason. While we may not always understand why, we have to try our best to figure it out.

Monday, December 9, 2013

I am What I am

I am what I am.
I am a daughter to two proud parents, ones who provided me with the gift of this life. I am out for their approval of who I am, even though all they want for me is to simply be me. I am quickly headed down the same path to being exactly like mom, and each day I become a little more okay with that. Doesn't every daughter worry about the day she says the same thing her mom says?
I am what I am.
I am the girl who calls her mom everyday to ask her how to do something in the kitchen, yet I learned to cook many years ago. I am the girl who knows how to change her oil, but not a flat tire. I am a daddy’s girl, and my one of my mom’s best friends.
I am what I am.
I am a Charleston, SC native, who has come to call small town Florence, SC my favorite hometown. I will always love the saltwater life, but I feel like the landlocked life is more for me.
I am what I am.
 I am a daughter of Christ. I am a believer. I believe that His plans are better than my plans, yet I still try to live by my plans.
I am what I am.
I am a sister and a best friend, all to the same person. I am a daughter-in-law, a sister-in-law, an aunt, a cousin, and a niece. I am a friend and a confident. I am one person with many titles and hats and proud wear them each day.
I am what I am.
I am the girl who met my future husband one random Thursday in October. I am the girl who went home and told everyone I would marry that guy I met, only to do that five years later. I am the girl who said yes on June 18th, 2011 and then turned around and said “I do” on June 25th, 2011. I am the wife to a wonderful husband.
I am what I am. 
I am a mother to a sweet baby girl. She was His plan before she was mine. I am proud of the person she makes me, but even more proud of the little person she is, even at a mere age of almost two.
I am what I am.
I am forever a student, who strives to one day become a teacher. But aren’t we all students in game called life, all learning something, even when teaching other the value of life. I am a person full of questions waiting to be answered. I am a rule follower and warning reader. I am a worrywart and a girl full of anxiety, simply from wearing a turtleneck.
I am what I am.
 I am a girl who lives in a silent world,  born with hearing loss,  to not be discovered until eighteen months later. I am thankful for what it has taught me in life, and the work ethic it has taught me. Some days I have to work harder than other just to be able to hear. But I am okay with that.
I am what I am.
I am a grand daughter who only has 2 grandparents left. I am the one who still mourns the lose of my two deceased grandparents every day. I am thankful for the memories I have of them, all four of them.
I am what I am.
I am everything I am and everything I am not. I am brave. I am scared. I am strong. I am weak on the toughest days and the easiest days.
I am a shoulder to cry on and a hug to embrace. I am an advice giver and taker. But I’d rather take it, for the fear of giving bad advice.
 I am what I am.
 I am a neighbor and a friend, housekeeper and a doctor, a maid and a cook and everything else my family needs me to be.
At the end of the day, I am always Grace Hall Lyman, with brown hair and brown eyes, who is just out to live this life the best I know.

And that is who I am.  

No comments:

Post a Comment