Today was one of those days, just no good, totally sad, wanna lay in bed with ice cream and watch movies, kind of days.
I don't really know why
Maybe its because I had such a relaxing and wonderful weekend to wake up to a dreaded Monday. Maybe because school is coming to the end of the semester and I am up to my next in work.
Maybe because it was Monday and I knew I had to wait until 12:30 to see David and then again until 8:00.
I could toss and turn over the maybe but I can pin-point what I know didn't cause me to feel this way. I should have been perfectly content because I have such a happy and wonderful life. I am surrounded by such great people, so why shouldn't I be happy?
Well I think we all have those days, today was my day. Yes I know I have been having them a lot lately, David has told me that too, but things are changing in my life, and changing too quickly before my eyes sometimes that I can't fully grasp it. When I do grasp it, it kind of hits me hard. I guess I'll learn how to deal right away, but until I do, let me share a few wonderful pieces of information in my life that helps me deal with these hard times. Yes prayer, a bible verse, and a talk with a friend or two, time with my sweet tub of love David, helps but what really helps....
These two wonderful people in my life help me.
Front and Center Stage ...
DOUG AND JILL HALL
"The reasons for my life"
Everyone always says God blesses parents with children, but I honestly think God blessed me with these people for my parents.
Yes sure people, a few fun times, and bam..
Doc Guy: "Jill and Doug, you are expecting another baby"
My Parents: "Wait how did this happen"
Doc Guy again: "Well, if you really want to know...."
Okay we all know how I came to be, but my point is, I think God gave me these parents because he knew that I wouldn't see things the way I do had these people not be carefully selected to be mine! He knew I was going to need a lot of love and caring for, I would require some hearing aids and patience that came along with raising a severely hearing loss 15 month old baby. It takes time, patience, frustration, and even more patience. For those of you who truly know my parents, they are sometimes a few hairs short of patience but for whatever reason they are totally and completely patience with me. Well me and my sister both actually. We require a lot of that at times.
Anyways, back on track, I can be a handful at times. I will admit, and thats a huge step in the right direction for me. I like to think I am independent and can do things on my own, but well truth be told, I cannot always do it on my own, nor do I have all the answers to life.
Maybe they don't either but man do they have some wonderful advice along the way.
Thanks Mom and Dad
(Junior and DW)
for all the advice, for putting up with me and
most of all Loving me NO matter what life throws at us.
Piece of Advice #1:
Comes from my Papa bear: (It was passed down to him, but I like to give him credit)
Ask Not, Get Not
Hello People, what a easy concept to understand.
My dad always told me
"Grace if there is something you want in this world, Ask, for if you don't ask you will NEVER know whether you could have it or not. Why waste time wondering, when you could ask and know..."
Hmmm... What powerful words that a 8 year old has to ponder and think about. Man I have carried that a long way with me and it has been useful in so many situations.
Thanks Dad!
Piece of Advice #2:
Comes from the lovely lady who put up with my hiccuping self 9 months of the pregnancy with me.
You can't go through life pleasing everyone...
Wow, so true. And that's so hard for me, because I honestly care more about other people's happiness than my own. I rarely put myself first. If I am having a bad day and someone else is having one too, I am quick to forget my bad day until later and sometimes that's not healthy. I then have to deal with the agony of my bad day twice instead of just dealing with it when I first encounter it.
My mom knows this about me, so she simple reminds me that no matter how hard you try, you are not going to make everyone happy. NEVER, ever, No matter how much you buy. NEVER.
Whew that's hard for this girl to swallow. So I am going to work on focusing on myself more. Why not? I mean if I am happy then I am bound to make more people happy. Right?
Thanks Mom
Piece of Advice # 3:
Things I have just learned from both of them, watching and observing them throughout the years...
(Doesn't go with the quote but I love this picture of my totally in love parents after 30 years)
Life doesn't always go as planned
Simple and totally predictable
I am sure about 100% of you can say "yes I know what she am talking about".
But my God people, my father's head was smashed by a brick and I can guarantee that no one saw that coming. So what did we do some 11 years ago when this happened and my dad spent 4 months in the hospital...We changed our life plan as a family and made some huge adjustments. My mom took this huge monster like it was a cake walk. Like she had done it twenty times before with her eyes closed. She Again stepped up and took action.
Again, WE changed our life plan.
Today I wouldn't dream of a different life. What my life is has become so normal. All because of the stability my PARENTS took with this horrible event.
I learned true stability and how to go with the flow with the flow isn't going. And I learned that Hey maybe there is no plan for this life, but you can certainly change it at any given moment.
Right Francis Marion Senior who changed her major in the SECOND semester of her senior year?
Thanks Mom and Dad for being the true rocks in my life.
So how is a girl to be sad when she starts thinking of these wonderful pieces of advice in her life?
Don't worry she wasn't sad for too long.
These wonderful parents and that amazing boyfriend certainly helped to cheer up her yucky sad day.
Thanks Mom, Dad, and David!
I love you guys to the moon and beyond and then back.




Gracie, I know your parents are proud to have such an amazing young woman for a daughter. And the things that are the most challenging about you are also the things that make you the most special!
ReplyDeleteHow do I know this?
Because I'm a mama, too.
Sending love--and congratulations to the amazing parents of TWO amazing daughters. They sound wonderful. And do you know what? I think the one who lives in a silent world listens pretty darn well.
HUGS!