After one of my long LONG days, I find myself sitting in my car (which is fixed now) thinking I need a girl talk, I need a hug, I need a best friend, I need a sister, well MY sister. So I turn the car on and start what felt like a routine drive when I needed my sister, to her OLD apartment, which she hasn't lived in for over 6 months. I stop and think
"Hello Grace, she moved away a long time ago, get with it!"
So tonight I dedicate my blog to my sister, my best friend, and most of all a HUGE piece of my heart.
Ladies and Gentleman, I give you DARCY HALL STRUBLE, the one and only girl who has been my most truest friend for the last 22 years of my life.
Well, I say she has no choice, but we all know other wise. People who see us together say we have a rare unusual type bond
I say it's called SISTERS.
So many people who don't have a relationship like Darcy and I do.
She knows my every thing, my inside and out, and mostly she brings out the best in me
(Yes David does the same, but there is in fact something unexplainable about how it works with my sister).
She and I almost never fight and when we do, we can't stay mad at each other for more than 2.5 seconds because we know its not worth it.
Darcy's wedding day was such a beautiful day. I cannot express how truly happy I am for my sister to have found my BROTHER IN LAW. I cannot express what it felt like to see my sister in the WHITE dress, walking down the isle to become MRS. STRUBLE, leaving me as the LAST Hall grandchild. I cannot even begin to explain why I cried as hard as I did, but all I know is when I got my last look at her I just wanted to stay in that moment forever because it was one that the two of us will remember for ever.
"Darcy, Here it is, the moment you've been waiting for... I love you and you look BEAUTIFUL"
I can still hear myself saying it and as I type it, yes people, I do infact cry again.
(Here I am moments after our moment)
Beautiful didn't even do her justice, who am I kidding, she was a stunning, gorgeous, breath taking, bride. I could never picture that moment until I was right there in it.
But let me break a little secret to you, people who know us would say that sometimes I act like the older sister, sometimes I take the rolls that she should take...
But what you guys don't realize is EVERYTHING I know about being a GOOD sister, I learned from HER.
There are a lot of pictures of us from when we were little of me looking at Darcy. I wanted to do everything in my power to be just like her. It wasn't EVER my idea to be clothes-less but D loved to walk around the house like that, so I could always be found close behind her wearing NOTHING too. If Darcy was in trouble, I wanted to get in the same trouble. What D was eating, oh I wanted that to. If Darcy went somewhere with mom, you best believe I wanted to go too.
There are so many great pictures from our childhood. We always had so much fun. People you best believe those hats where not my idea... All Darcy, but what a great style it was. Hats, Belly's hanging out, and random things in our hands. I could go all day writing about us. But I'll spare y'all because I am sure your tired of reading.
Let's admit it, I IDOLIZE my sister. I think she is the greatest person.
Let me just say, when I am missing my sister, all I have to do is look at our happy pictures and suddenly I am back to my happy days thinking of all the fun we had! Darcy Jane, I love you so much. Thanks for being the BEST big sister there is.
"I love you girlfriend girlfriend"







i love love love love love you more!!!!!!!! you forgot to mention what an awesome sister YOU are!!!! love you sis :)
ReplyDeleteGIRLFRIEND GIRLFRIEND (that's what I call my sister)