Welcome to MY world. Where life isn't always as simple put together as it seems. I was born with a BI-Lateral hearing loss, meaning I wear hearing aids in both ears. I DO not let it hinder me in anyway and strive to live life with whatever comes my way. This is my journey as a mom and a wife living in a world of continual silence at times. I am out to show the world that this is not going to stop me from achieving my dreams and being the best I can be. I know I was made this way for a reason. While we may not always understand why, we have to try our best to figure it out.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Thoughts and Stories for the Night

So as I laid in bed between two very sweet little girls I babysit, I begin to let my mind think freely and relax after a long day. I let my eyes travel across the room while I pray for these two little ones to fall asleep quickly and quietly. I don't know why, its not like I have anything else to do, I am there to devote all my time and attention to them. I am there to love them and provide all the hugs they could want or the kisses they may need. So I change my plans, I start devoting my every thought and moment to the little one having trouble falling asleep, she tells me 
"Gracie, I am SCARED to lose you..." 
My heart stops for a moment, I want to tell her she will never lose me and for as long as she lives I can be her Gracie... 
So that's exactly what I do "Sweet love, you will never lose me, EVER..." 
Her: "Do you promise" 
Me: "I promise on my whole life, nothing will make me lose you" 
Her: "Okay good" 
Me: "Can you go to sleep now?" 
Her: "Yes but first will you lay with me" 
So we lay there, and she just holds on tight and I can't help but to think that maybe He put these little ones in my life for a reason. 
Mommy walks into the rescue to help the little one fall asleep, but I can't help but to feel so loved and special for that simple moment. 
They may not be my children but I secretly hope that one day, when I have two sweet little girls of my own, I can find someone who is so willing to just lose themselves into the sweetness of my kids too. I hope that one day my daughter will be as loving as these little girls.  I am a firm believe of "Everything happens for a reason", I think tonight I learned one more reason! 

(There are many people, children, families, and animals in this world that make me feel so loved! That is just one of them and maybe just maybe I can devote a blog to each of my sweet little loves and the loving things they say.)


Well on my way home tonight, I start thinking about many things like I always do. I usually have about a twenty minute ride home, so that gives me a lot of time to think. I end up thinking about anything under the sun, but tonight I had two particular things on my mind. First David, I wonder to myself where do I go so right to get him to be mine? I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend, lover, and support systems. He knows me better than anyone I know. He gives me confidence that I sometimes don't give myself and he is always so thrilled and proud of me when I make a good grade. I wish I could snap a picture of his face when I say "Hey I got a 93 on my test" and its this look for "Oh my gosh, I have the smartest girlfriend" or thats how I like to justify it! So David, thank you, for always being my sweet love and caring so much about me.
(This is from Darcy's wedding weekend) 

Then, I start to wonder, why is today's society in such a rushed world? Why do we feel the need to find the quickest, most simple way out of things? I begin to feel guilt because part of me knows I am totally guilt of this and make a silent promise to myself not to rush myself through things, I am going to enjoy the ride and all the challenges that come towards me. So I challenge you my friends, to enjoy the ride and not to rush yourself through everything in life! Think you can do it??

That's my book for tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment