Welcome to MY world. Where life isn't always as simple put together as it seems. I was born with a BI-Lateral hearing loss, meaning I wear hearing aids in both ears. I DO not let it hinder me in anyway and strive to live life with whatever comes my way. This is my journey as a mom and a wife living in a world of continual silence at times. I am out to show the world that this is not going to stop me from achieving my dreams and being the best I can be. I know I was made this way for a reason. While we may not always understand why, we have to try our best to figure it out.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Learning from myself

Time to blog, its been TOO long!  Maybe it's because I haven't had a day like today in a long time. Or maybe it's because I made a secret silent pledge to myself to not always blog about bad days because I always complain about how people do that too often. But then as I am driving today, I begin to think, it's much easier to blog when you have something to get off your chest. Or at least it is for me because if I blogged about anything else it would be my same ole' daily routine, school, work, home. Over and over no true excitement there. I can't promise I'll post a blog for the next week or so seeing as how exams will consume me for 7 days straight. So enjoy!

Ok maybe I really didn't have a bad day, as I think back on it, I actually had a very good day, just a few rough patches throughout my day. 
Isn't that what we call LIFE?

 It all started this morning when I needed a little help getting through my day because I like to always add more things to do to my completely hectic schedule. That's okay, I live for the excitement but today I was going for an effect that I am currently working on myself 
Pay it Forward
(Yes it comes from the movie but what a truly wonderful idea)

I have been thinking a lot lately about how much so many people go through great depth and lengths to help me out in my life almost daily but I feel like I have no way to return the gratitude... so what do I need to do? 

Pay it Forward

Anyways, so heres me paying it forward to a friend in need.
 I find myself thinking I need help, I need someone to pay it forward to me, but sadly I get let down. That also partly defeats the idea of Pay it Forward- you simply cannot ask for it, you have to wait until the time comes when you know you've been paid forward.
That's okay because me being the smart girl I am get it under control and problem solve without anyones help but that voice in my head. 
I also get to my end results with the help of David, who I am frantically texting to vent to him. 

Man he does a great job of listening ... or should I say reading
Well the advice that was given was actually advice that really I gave myself as I was typing to him.

"We all just need to count our blessings, no matter how big or small"

"Wow, hello Grace, you sure have good advice sometimes"
(Yes people I do infact talk to myself a LOT through out the day.)

So I immediately begin to count the endless number of blessings that I do have in my life. 
I'll spare you guys the WHOLE list because it can be rather long.  I mean through out the day, I kept thinking of more and more blessings that God has put in my life to make me realize what a truly lucky girl I am. 
Thank you huge God for loving me so much!

Some of my blessings are kids, some are mentors and adults I have in my life, some are my family, some are my friends, one is my boyfriend, and another is my best friend, there is my sister, and than my wonderful boss who is so understanding all the time . . .  see I told you my list goes on. That's only a start.

Thinking of all of these things instantly fill me with overwhelming happiness. A kid at work even asked me today 
"Miss Grace Why are you so happy?" 

I just smiled and hoped that one day he too would feel the happiness I do when I think of all the blessings in my life. This happiness is not a fake happiness I have to dig down deep for, this happiness is one that fills me up so full I am never starving. This happiness is one that only some many people can truly understand and wrap their fingers around. This happiness makes any bad problem look like a piece of grass. This happiness makes you laugh for hours about silly little things. This happiness makes you enjoy every day of your life and tell someone what a kind person they are. This happiness never fails. This happiness comes from an unlimited sources of places.
 This happiness comes from the love of Jesus and those wonderful people who surround your life. 

Life is short, so every morning when you wake up be sure to count your blessing and find a small but simple way to Pay it Forward.

Sorry for the lack of pictures, I feel like this blog is so good without them. Maybe you feel otherwise, if so I will add more next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment