Welcome to MY world. Where life isn't always as simple put together as it seems. I was born with a BI-Lateral hearing loss, meaning I wear hearing aids in both ears. I DO not let it hinder me in anyway and strive to live life with whatever comes my way. This is my journey as a mom and a wife living in a world of continual silence at times. I am out to show the world that this is not going to stop me from achieving my dreams and being the best I can be. I know I was made this way for a reason. While we may not always understand why, we have to try our best to figure it out.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

House Rules

It's been ages since I've last post. Days, Months, Years. Well maybe not years, but its been a LONG time and a LOT has happened in this LONG time frame. I haven't blogged for several reasons. One, I have so much on my mind, I don't know where to start. Two, because I have so much on my mind, my mind is preoccupied with everything that is going on and not able to think about writing a silly blog for people to read. But then I think, my readers might really miss me. All 6 of you. But you are all important to me, so I owe it to you to post a new one.

My life is continually changing. 
For the good, well for the much better actually. 
Let's start with this one, plain and simple. David got a new job
I could not be more proud of my sweet, loving, handsome, strong, smart, center of my world guy. He's worked hard to get a new job that will offer him better pay and rewards for all his hard work. He truly is a hard working guy. 
His work doesn't stop when he comes home either. He still has to work at home. There's always something to be done, yard, laundry, dishes, dogs, etc. But this never once stops him from loving me.
 Man where did I go so right in my life to find him? 
I always ask him that. I always ask myself that. 
His response is usually the same, "Everyone deserves to be happy and together we are happy, so you aren't the only one who went 'so right' to find me. I must have been doing something right along the ways to." 
Something like that. 
He's simply the sweetest. 
Did I mention he was smart too? Because he is VERY smart and always knows what to say!

So, this weekend, I've been reading a book. It's a very good book, a fiction book written by Jodi Picoult. House Rules is the name of it. 
I've fallen to like this book a whole lot because there are so many things in this book that can be taken into and expanded upon. 
This book has so many little pictures that make me think of BIG picture things.
 My life. My love. My parents. 

Here's one:
It's rather interesting because about a boy who grows up with a disability. But in the book, his family doesn't call it a disability, they call it a quirk
I like that. 
It reminds me of my own life growing up. 
I find that very interesting because growing up my parents never called my hearing loss a disability
They called it my "special ears". 
I was special to my parents. 
They wouldn't trade my sister or me for the world. 
There was nothing that we could do or say that would ever make them stop loving us. NOTHING, that is love! 
There was no disability strong enough to make my parents give me up.  
I was something my parents took much pride in and they still do. 
My parents taught me what love is. 
My parents pointed me straight to David without even knowing that they were. My parents love David because he loves me.  I love my parents because they love me, support me, honor me, take endless amounts of pride in me, and never ever give up on me. I love my parents so very much. 
Thanks mom and dad, I can NEVER say it enough.

Another one:
Quoted from House Rules
"Love means never having to say your sorry"
I find this interesting because it makes me think. It makes me think that something about this quote just is not right. And it's not. 
Sometimes in love you have to say sorry. Sorry is a good thing when used correctly.  
Love is more than being able to say your sorry. 
Love is being able to swallow your pride and say sorry when you honestly know that you where wrong.
 Love is admitting your flaws because you care more about the person than you do your own self. 
Love is more than words.
 Love does not make anyone perfect, but when in love we try to be as close to perfect, so we don't have to say sorry.
 So we don't feel like we've let down the one thing that means the most to us.  
I've never thought those things until it was said in that book. Because it truly had my mind wondering some many different things. There is nothing more I want to do with my life than spend it loving the people who love me.
 David, my parents, my sister, my family, my friends, my best friend. 
Love is finding someone who accepts you for you. 
Accepts you for your mistakes and imperfections.
I want people to know that when I make a mistake it's not because I wasn't thinking of what the outcome might be, I honestly thought that in that moment, something better was going to happen. 
My life was going to change for the better. 
And thats all part of making mistakes.
 You have to be willing to take a leap of faith to see if life will get better. 
You have to trust your instincts. 
You to be prepared to fix whatever it is that you messed up. 
And you have to be able to admit you are sorry. 

There is so much more to this book, but I feel like if I kept writing, I'd write the longest blog in my life. I think I already have written the longest blog of my life but these are things I just needed to share. 

I'll end it with a quote from the wises man I know, my papa bear of a dad. I love you Dad!

"In life we all make mistakes, it's never intentional, but it's all part of being human. Life is all about how you take those mistakes and react to them, life sure is a funny thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment