Welcome to MY world. Where life isn't always as simple put together as it seems. I was born with a BI-Lateral hearing loss, meaning I wear hearing aids in both ears. I DO not let it hinder me in anyway and strive to live life with whatever comes my way. This is my journey as a mom and a wife living in a world of continual silence at times. I am out to show the world that this is not going to stop me from achieving my dreams and being the best I can be. I know I was made this way for a reason. While we may not always understand why, we have to try our best to figure it out.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Life at 37 weeks

Blogging clearly is not always on the top of my list, but I do think about it EVERYDAY and think hmm I need to blog. So here I am writing a blog.

These past couple weeks have been long, hard, and extremely tiring. I spend most of my day waiting for 10 pm to roll around so I can hit the sack and call it a night. Sometimes I don't make it to 10, I'm lucky to reach 9 o'clock. People tell me I need to nap, relax, and lay down, but somedays that just makes me more tired. It actually makes me feel restless, sick, and gives me endless amounts of heartburn. I thrive on being busy, active, and always moving. 
That's all I have done my entire pregnancy. 
Shoot, when I first got pregnant I was working out daily, running 3 miles no problem.
 Clearly that slowed down because it DRAINED my energy way too fast. Sign number 4 that something was wrong with me.  
Plus I am preparing myself for what is to come. 
Chasing a baby around the house and never really being able to relax. 
It's going to be fun. David and I talk about it daily. 
A few weeks ago, he look at me and says...
 "this is the TV channel Riley and I will watch together everyday. You will walk in and we will be sitting in OUR (his and Riley's) recliner and watch tv together. Then we will fall asleep and take a nap together right here. Every day."
 Yep, he is thru the moon at how close it is getting
We laid in bed a couple Saturdays ago for an hour while he sat there and talked to her and each time he said something to her, she would go nuts. Wouldn't stop moving until he started talking again, I have a sneaky feeling that MY baby girl I've been caring for nine months will suddenly favor her daddy once she gets here.
 And that is COMPLETELY okay with me. 
I smile when I think about it, somedays, my emotions kick in and it gives me chills and some tears thinking about what a great dad he is going to be. 

How spoiled are we? 
Very
We've had a total of 4 baby showers now.
FOUR. The number that comes after three. 
To me thats a lot. 
No one gets that lucky to have that many showers
well I honestly thought we couldn't have that many people to care about us. 
But we do.
And I am even more aware of that daily.  
Each and every shower we had, I was in complete and total shock at the amounts of people that showed up to shower us in their love and support! It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. 
Grief we are so lucky! Thanks to everyone who threw us a shower and got us something.

Thank you notes are in the works. This pregnant, hard working, college attending momma is working on it. 

Rising a child takes a village. I've heard this so many times before, and I feel it is so fitting. I couldn't agree more. It's really not something one person can do alone. Sure I know a lot of people who have done it, but have they truly done it ALL alone. With NO help from anyone else?? I like to think not, because it's too hard. That's why I am so glad I have such a great group of people near and far to be there for David and I. We are truly blessed. I don't know whether I can say it enough. I mean it everytime I say it! If your one of our supporters, we love you more than we say! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!


Christmas came early in the Lyman house hold. David and I couldn't wait. We are worse than 4 year olds running down the stairs to open presents Christmas day. I am totally beyond myself at the present he got me. I'm so glad we couldn't wait because I have had more fun playing with my new toy... my T3i Cannon Rebel. I love this camera so much already. I snap pictures of David daily. He is ready for Riley to be the target of my shots because he's tired of being my model. I'll upload some pictures from it soon.

I think I will call it a night considering it's now WAY past my normal bed time. 
I promise I'll blog again soon. 
Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment