Welcome to MY world. Where life isn't always as simple put together as it seems. I was born with a BI-Lateral hearing loss, meaning I wear hearing aids in both ears. I DO not let it hinder me in anyway and strive to live life with whatever comes my way. This is my journey as a mom and a wife living in a world of continual silence at times. I am out to show the world that this is not going to stop me from achieving my dreams and being the best I can be. I know I was made this way for a reason. While we may not always understand why, we have to try our best to figure it out.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Unspoken Words of Wisdom

"Pregnancy is one of the best times of you life..."

I've heard this from endless people over the last nine months. T
ell me this at month 3 when I feel great, eat wonderfully, and cravings aren't too strong. 
I will agree with you.

Tell me this at month 6 when I was having blood work done because the doctor's office loaded me up with sugar and expected my body to digest it in an hour.
(Everything ended up okay with that. Just I'm not big on needles stuck in my for 3 hours..that's all)
I will disagree with you.

Tell me this at month 7 when I am full of energy, not even slowing my pace one bit because I am so wired.
I will agree with you

Tell me this at 39 weeks.
I will TOTALLY disagree with you.
Don't get me wrong. I have fully enjoyed this pregnancy, knowing that I have this sweet baby girl growing inside of me, waiting to make her appearance on HER time clock. 
I am fully excited to become a mom, to see that sweet face looking up at me, depend on me, need me for so much more than a hug and a kiss. I'm excited for all that it entitles of becoming a mom, but I'm not enjoying all the side effects that NO ONE warns you about.

What people should say is....
"Pregnancy is unpredictable but in the end the prize it worth the struggle..."
That's what I will tell any woman who is pregnant.
That's certainly how I feel about it at least!

If someone had told me these things from the get go, I would have totally been more prepared for the last weeks of being downright uncomfortable and tired. 
But nothing prepares you for these days. 

"I am SO ready to not be pregnant anymore"
These words come out of my mouth at least 3 times a day. So true.
I never thought I'd EVER mutter those words. I honestly have had an amazing pregnancy. So easy, so fast, so simple.
Up until week 37, when I lost all my energy and became tired of being pregnant.
Again, I'm just ready for the prize.
My sweet Riley! 

My Words of Advice to Newly Pregnant Momma's from an Old Tired Pregnant Momma.
(I write these to help others and help me remember the good and the bad times)

1) Your tummy will itch way worse than ever imaginable in the last weeks of pregnancy.
Its totally unbearable. Itching. Nothing makes it comfortable, except lotion. Lots of it. Like every hour applying lotion. That's how much it takes. 
I spend most days in a sports bra and yoga pants lathering up my tummy. 

2) You will be backed up like no other, If you know what I mean.
 Gross, yes I know. But you will be. Eat lots of fiber and apples and drink lots of water.

3) Your hips are going to hurt. It's because they are expanding. I suggest one of those 4 inch memory foam mattress toppers from Wal-Mart.
It will work miracles. 
For real though.

4) Heart burn is scary the first time you truly experiance it. Tums do the magic. Don't lay down. Don't drink soda. And all that pish poss about being about to maintain it with a diet is all boogus.
A banana was the first thing that gave me heartburn. Yep. So no avoiding it.

Maybe that will help you one day in the future.
Maybe it won't.
Maybe you just wasted 5 minutes reading my blog.
Either way, that's my take on the struggles of pregnancy.




1 comment:

  1. I'm going to come back to this blog one day in the far off future and I'm going to thank you for this :)

    ReplyDelete