Welcome to MY world. Where life isn't always as simple put together as it seems. I was born with a BI-Lateral hearing loss, meaning I wear hearing aids in both ears. I DO not let it hinder me in anyway and strive to live life with whatever comes my way. This is my journey as a mom and a wife living in a world of continual silence at times. I am out to show the world that this is not going to stop me from achieving my dreams and being the best I can be. I know I was made this way for a reason. While we may not always understand why, we have to try our best to figure it out.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Growing Richer in Love


Riley Danielle Lyman
7:12 am
January 6, 2012
7 pounds 12 ounces
20 3/4 inches long

This baby has my whole heart

Look to my right 
I see my sweet husband zonked out taking a nap.
Looking to my left
I see my sweet newborn zonked out napping.

And I sit here thinking about how my life has progressed from a working college student, to a new mother, trying to figure this whole thing out. 
I've been more emotional since I've had Riley. 
Simply because I have learned so much about life in these last 5 days with this angel.
Its my simple realization that my life just got a whole lot richer. 
Richer in love
It the realization that love is more than I've ever imagined.
Tears stream down my face as I type this and occasionally look at David. The man who gave me this new life. I find myself staring at him a lot thinking about how truly lucky I am to be able to call him mine.
I am fully in total obsession, head over heels, overflowing love with him. I've always love this guy, but this love has changed. Its a whole new level of love that cannot be explained. 

These two hold every key and ounce of my heart

People always tell you life changes when you become a mom. I now know it's true.
LIFE CHANGES WHEN YOU BECOME A MOM.
It's the little things in life now. You expect things in a whole different order now. You don't think about you anymore. Things you once wanted, you will probably never get because there are things your child needs more than you need.

You never see these changes come until they smack you in the face.
Take this for example:
Riley had a poopy diaper today. First one in 48 hours.
I have never been so excited for poop in my life! 

And this:
I've always been a sleep snob. Since day one.
I came out of my mom sleeping. 
But now, sleep is the last thing on my mind. Anything for my sweet girl, I'll do. 
I've also not complained about being tired in days! It's honestly not something I worry about.

I can't believe that life is truly this wonderful. 
All glory to God. He has done this all for me.

This baby has not only strengthened my relationship with my husband, it has greatly strengthened it with our Lord. He truly knew what He was doing that day He decided it was time to make me a mom. 
All the time God is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment