Welcome to MY world. Where life isn't always as simple put together as it seems. I was born with a BI-Lateral hearing loss, meaning I wear hearing aids in both ears. I DO not let it hinder me in anyway and strive to live life with whatever comes my way. This is my journey as a mom and a wife living in a world of continual silence at times. I am out to show the world that this is not going to stop me from achieving my dreams and being the best I can be. I know I was made this way for a reason. While we may not always understand why, we have to try our best to figure it out.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Riley's First Month

Well this is slightly LONG overdue. I told myself I was going to blog about Riley right after she reached a monthly update. Well Tuesday she will be two months, so I figured I would blog about MONTH ONE before I forgot about month one.


Riley is the apple of both mine and David's eye. She brings much joy to both our lives and we enjoy laughing at the silly things she does. 
Clearly she doesn't know how silly she is just yet, but to us she is the greatest thing in the world. 
David admires her so much. 
I'm just overly annoyingly obsessed with this sweet little girl.
 She is by far the cutest thing I have ever laid my eyes on.
 I still can't believe I can love someone as much as I love her. 
It's sickening.
God knew exactly what He was doing when He picked her to be mine.
Jeremiah 29:11 
The VERY verse that got me through many tough days where I had a lot of doubt in myself and in what his plans where.
Now I fully understand what His plans where.
And I've learned to NEVER, ever doubt His plans.
They both never fail to amaze me.



She seems to be a pretty good sleeper from what we can tell. 
I think in her first month, all the pictures of her where her sleeping. That's what she seems to like to do. She just looks so peaceful when she is sleeping.
 I wonder what babies dream about because when I watch her sleep, sometimes she is smiling and giggling. 
Then other times she cries, like a scared out of her mind kind of cry. 
A nightmare. 
Who knew a sweet little girl can have such a nightmare. She will briefly cry and then suddenly she will be fine
 It never wakes her.
 Just makes her cry. 
And breaks my heart. 


Being from Charleston, things are a LOT different then they are here in Florence. People are also a lot different. 
Everyone says Charleston is full of nice people. 
I believe it. I've seen it.
I've lived in it for 18 years.
But Florence is full of OVERLY nice people. Nice in a whole different way.
It's a deep down inside kind of nice.
These people are family people. These people see the things I see now.
These people feel the love I feel.
 The people in Charleston are business, hard working, very serious but nice kind of people.
I wouldn't change my direction in life for one thing. 
I can't think of anywhere else I want to raise Riley.
At least for now.
One day we will move. We will do our own thing. We will continue the story we have started.
For now, we will enjoy our life here. 
We will love this little girl.
We will continue to thank the Lord for her.
Our relationships with him will continue to grow stronger.
He will strengthen our relationship, my and David's.
Make it even better than He already has and make it even better.


No comments:

Post a Comment