Riley turned two months on Tuesday March 6th, 2012.
(Yes she's very excited about my snapping A MILLION pictures)
She is such a doll these days. We learn more and more about her with every passing day. We truly have a wonderful little baby on our hands. She changes so much daily. I can't believe I've already had two full months with this doll baby.
I returned to work on March 1st.
It was a hard emotional day for me.
I had gotten so spoiled to being home with Riley and enjoying ALL of our time together. We spent every waking and sleeping minute together. Now granted I am able to take her to work with me...
so why I was so emotional?
I have no idea. But I was.
Now I am not, I am so comfortable with her being in the nursery and I always was but I just thought no one would love my baby like I do and I was so scared to let her go.
Those nursery ladies are almost as OBSESSED with her as I am. They think she she is such a doll. Sometimes I'll peek back and I'll see both the ladies in the nursery just staring at her like I do.
Googly eyed over this little blessing. She is our heaven sent baby. God made her to be ours.
And it's our job to share her with the world because she is so wonderful.
At least to me she is.
Going places with her is getting more fun. At first it used to be a chore, now I am used to it. We love our Target Mondays and Babies "R" Us Thursdays.
Everyone who sees her says one of two things.
"Look at all that hair"
Its like they've never seen a baby have hair before. It's amazing to me too, but David and I always laugh because EVERYONE that sees her says it. It is then usually followed up by
"Did you have heartburn?"
That old wives tale. Yes and I complained all nine months that I had it. I got it at month 2.
It was AWFUL.
It was AWFUL.
Once people spend about 2 minutes around her while she's awake they will say
"She's such a curious expressive baby"
She makes some of the funniest faces and she always looks around trying to figure things out. She's very curious. Looks around and moves that head a lot. She's done that pretty much from day one. Always had a pretty strong neck. She just HATES tummy time.
March 7th 2012
(Yes I took pictures of her poor bandaged leg. Poor baby)
Every mommy's worse nightmare.
It was Riley's two month check up and shot day.
She was so happy when she was just laying on the table and I was playing with her, Doctor Elder came in and checked her and she just smiled at him and let him do his job. Check her and make sure she is alright.
He said she was GREAT... we think so too.
He said she was GREAT... we think so too.
It was when the NURSE came in.
Oh yes, it was all over then.
Everyone warned me it was going to be bad but I didn't ever imagine hearing my baby scream like that. It literally broke my heart into a million pieces. I don't know that I've ever been more upset. It took me a good 10 minutes to calm her down and then she whined the whole way out the office. All the nurses and doctors just thought she was so pitiful the sounds she was making.
If it wasn't for the best of her health I would not make her go thru that again...but sorry Riley you have more to come at four months.
I was so prepared for her to have some type of reaction to the shots but she had NONE.
No fever, no crankyness, nothing.
She just slept for about 4 days straight pretty much and went potty a LOT more than normal but otherwise she was fine. Truly my heaven sent baby. I was completely shocked and totally thankfully. I can only hope and pray she continues this.
Since we've had Riley I've learned a lot about life in general. My life is so much richer in love. I value the little things now in life. My life is completely put in perspective when I see 6 month olds, 1 year olds and toddlers. I see what a difference there truly is in these ages. I cherish the small moments and the big moments. I don't find myself rushing things along. I find myself wanting to do things that are better for our family. I find myself trying to remember what life was before her, but I can't and I don't want to remember. I love this life way too much. In the good moments and the bad moments, I cherish our time together. Just like in the good moments and the bad moments, I praise Jesus for these days. I give all Glory to God, no matter what type of day it is. I just am in utter shock that life is truly this sweet. I say it ALL the time but I am. I think here at two and a months, I still have not fully grasp the concept that this is what woman where made it do. It still amazes me that I can go through all of that and come out okay. Am I the ONLY one who feels like that? It's amazing. I love every moment of it.
I look at Riley and I still can't believe that she was what was living inside of me for 10 months, because you really are pregnant for ten months. She was the surprise we were waiting for and what a wonderful surprise she's been. David and I decided not to do a 4D ultrasound because we felt like it was a waste because nine times out of ten you don't get a clear view. We also wanted the whole features of what she would look like to be a surprise to us. I know its a surprise to everyone but we didn't want to get an sneak peeks. We wanted to wait, we tried to say we could wait to find out the gender but that was much to hard for us. This was our wait. And every minute of wondering and questioning and talking about it was worth it.
"Whose eyes will she have"
"Whose nose will she have?"
"Whose hair color will she have?"
"Whose fingers will she have?"
All things we wanted to know. It's clear to us now, she is a LITTLE DAVID. Everyone that really knows us calls her that. She looks so much like her daddy, and I love EVERY minute of it because anytime someone says
"my goodness she looks like David".
He lights up. He loves the sweet conformations like that. He loves seeing his face all over hers. He just LOVES her so much. I catch him staring at her and just smiling. I catch him tearing up looking at her. I catch him whispering things to her. And I never ask what he's saying because that is their time. I want him to feel just as special to her as I do. I want her to know that her daddy is equally obsessed with her as I am. I want her to feel his love so that one day, many many years down the road, she will find her a husband who treats her like he treats me. I want her to find someone who cherishes her like David does me. I want her to have the bond my dad and I have. I just want her to love him so much more than she loves me. I know she loves me and I know that one day when she has a child of her own, she will love me even more. She will understand, because that's what I've done. I have a whole new love and appreciation for my mom. I see what she did for me was all the right things. I see she made the same sacrifices I make every day for Riley. It makes our bond that much better, without any words spoken.I've heard woman say time and time again, you will never remember the pain of child birth for if you did, everyone would only have one child. I always laughed because I had no idea. But today, if you asked me the pain I was in, I wouldn't be able to tell you. I don't remember what it felt like. I just remember being in some serious pain with those contractions in my BACK. I had HORRIBLE back labor. But all I think about is I can't wait to do it again in a few years. God is good!
What a blessing this life is.










No comments:
Post a Comment