Welcome to MY world. Where life isn't always as simple put together as it seems. I was born with a BI-Lateral hearing loss, meaning I wear hearing aids in both ears. I DO not let it hinder me in anyway and strive to live life with whatever comes my way. This is my journey as a mom and a wife living in a world of continual silence at times. I am out to show the world that this is not going to stop me from achieving my dreams and being the best I can be. I know I was made this way for a reason. While we may not always understand why, we have to try our best to figure it out.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My Crooked Smile Georgia Guy


October 17, 2008.

I remember this day clear as anything. The day I met David for the first time ever. Something about our meeting just clicked. I knew it. I felt like my soul jumped out my body and returned when I looked at him. I just knew. I was done for. He was the one for me. He literally had me from HELLO.

His BEAUTIFUL blue eyes, his sweet, slightly crooked smile, and his TO DIE for Georgia Boy accent.
I think I may have even fell in love with him that night. Everyone laughed at me.
I told my sister "I am going to marry that boy".
She just laughed.  "Yeah OKAY Grace."

Funny thing is. He told his best friend the same thing that day. David laying on the couch looks at Simpson and says "I am going to marry that girl".
Simpson laughed. "Yeah OKAY Lyman"

Mutual attachment from a few hours of talking. I am serious. This is how it happened. We both laugh when we talk about that day and the things we said when we parted ways. I remember standing in the kitchen of that house forever many miles away, the one we met in. People where all around us. But I took in nothing but him. I sometimes think about that day and question if anyone else was even there.

The next day I remember texting him, hoping I'd hear from him. Dinner that night. That same sweet smile. Talking and laughing over a taco and some rice and beans, that I didn't finish because I was too busy listening to his every word.

My sweet, southern, handsome, charming Georgia guy.
That's how our love story began.

From there life only got more fun with him. We quickly made it to one year and then another. Time sure flies with him.

June 18, 2011

The evening he asked me to marry him. The night we both had been DREAMING about for days, months, years.

Sunset, in a little secluded park. He picked sunset because he knows it's my favorite time of day. He knows what it means to me. He knows the deep connection to my sweet Oma sunset does to me. The funny thing, she knew what he was doing from heaven. She painted the most gorgeous sunset that night. After a long day of rain, she let this beautiful sunset shine through. My angel in heaven.

It was wonderful. Just the way I wanted it. He put so much thought and time into it. His words we perfectly planned. His smile was just as big as day one. He melted my heart. Stole my smile. And made me forever his.

I was talking to a friend tonight. Just talking about life. Marriage. Kids.

Her exact words to me "You and David make marriage look so easy. I honestly wonder if I will ever find someone who makes marriage so enjoyable like you guys. How do you do it?"

I just kind of laughed. I honestly didn't know that David and I gave off this type of feeling to others. Don't get me wrong, I think our marriage is WONDERFUL. But I didn't know we made other love sick just by watching us. We aren't even the touchy, feel-y, hard to watch, annoying couple kind of people. I guess it just comes so natural to us.

I told her "well we never stopped dating each other. Yes we are married. but we still date each other. David ask me out. He holds my hand. He buys me flowers. He fixes my plate. He takes time to show me he appreciates me and I do the exact same for him."

There's one thing we promised each other a long time ago many many nights ago during a late night ice cream date run. Before we were married. Before we were engaged. Before we even thought of marriage and kids. We knew we would be together, we just didn't know when it would all pan out for us.

We promised that through the good times and the bad times, we would enjoy our time together. We would find someway to smile and laugh. We would not yell or scream at each other. We would cherish each other. We support each other. We would love each other. We would do it together.
Other than our wedding vows, these are some of the most important words we said to each other. We've held ourselves to them. Are we perfect? No not even close, no one is. But we strive to live a life as simply as possible.

We've carried that over to our parenting. Through the good days and the bad days we enjoy Riley. We hold her and love her and embrace every challenge with her we face. We support her and we support each other. We are a pretty awesome team.


David is my prince charming. He honestly is the guy I dreamed of and more. He supports me and loves me. He embraces my flaws and puts up with my crazy pet peeves. He handles my inability to make a decision. He supports my ever changing career choices in life. And he does it all with a smile. I am so glad he chose this life with me by his side.

 I thank God daily for David. Why wouldn't I? I know he had David in mind when he made me. He was just waiting for our paths to cross.. And man am I glad they did.

2 comments:

  1. omg this almost made me cry. and I remember the night you and david met...i was there. i remember watching y'all. some of us ADPi's would come up to y'all here and there, but it was just you two intent on each other the whole night. i remember you sitting on a table by the side door and david just intently talking to you. it was so different than most of the guy/girl situations back then. you could tell you both were honestly enjoying getting to know the other person for the first time; it was so cool. anyways y'all do portray a beautiful marriage and family...i see that w/o even being around y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Oh my gosh - how small is this world?!

    Okay, so I noticed that my blog had a new follower, and like I always do...I find out if that person has a blog & if I'd like to read it. So, When I noticed that I had "ghall127" as a new follower, I found my way to your blog. I read this post, and when you referred to yourself as "Grace," I thought...wait. I know a Grace Hall. And I don't even know if you remember me or HOW you found my little blog in this big, big world...but I was in ADPi @ FMU for less than a semester, but I remember you AND your sister! "Momma Jen" was my roommate for a while. My last name was Gabella then...and I had blonde hair. You may not remember me, or you may not...but I just wanted to say hi and thanks for following my blog, and I'd love to know how you came across it! :)

    ReplyDelete