Riley is a FULL 16 Months and plus some. I truly can't believe it.
There have been a lot of changes in Riley's life since her last blog post. She has grown into a completely and totally fun little girl. David and I are more than thrilled for this summer as it's going to be a fun one. We also fear how fast it's going to fly by because time is FLYING right by.
We are almost to June.
ALMOST 17 Months.
I cannot believe this.
We talked just the other night about how we needed to start Christmas shopping because it will be here before we know it. And we know that this Christmas is going to be more fun than last Christmas. EVERY day is more fun than the day before.
Riley is just growing so fast.
I wish I could slow down time just a little. Not a lot but just a little.
We had her first snow experiance right after her 13 month update. Let's say Riley is not a fan. She liked it from a far distances and when mommy decided to try and let her sit in it...yep that was a bad idea. Poor little baby! Hoping for better luck next encounter with snow.
I've been working A LOT lately.
Which is fine with me.
But somedays it makes me very sad.
Some days I wish I was home with my baby.
But then other days I am completely happy being at work and her at daycare. I truly think she enjoys every moment of it. She rarely cries now when I drop her off and is always acting like she wants to stay later to play.
This makes my heart so happy.
We have been more than blessed to have found such a wonderful loving daycare.
They TRULY love Riley.
I know they do.
I am just still trying to figure out what my calling is.
Am I supposed to be stay at home mom or am I supposed to be a hard working mom.
I try not to dwell on it too much.
There is just too much pressure now a days that what a mom is supposed to do it be at home.
I just don't know.
(First ever trip to the park, which also happened to be the same day and place where I blew my back out. Yep super painful)
I've found myself reading a lot of parenting advice blogs and articles. I don't really know why because Riley seems to be fine but then somedays I worry I am doing something wrong.
We don't feel like we need to do anything different, I just like to see other peoples ideas.
I just want to make sure I have all the grounds covered.
Isn't that always part of parenting.
Don't you feel like you could be doing more?
Or is that just me?
I came across one that really spoke to me. Not that it was something I do. But it was something that I DON'T ever really want to do.
YELL.
I don't ever want to lose my cool with Riley and yell at her. Because it never really fixes anything anyways. I don't want Riley to fear me and I feel like if I yell at her she one day will. So I am vowing to go through this stage of parenting and never truly yell at Riley. I want to explain things to her. I want to rationalize things to her. I want her to truly understand why "mommy is angry" or why "that is not allowed in our house".... Then I always worry that that will make me a passive parent. But I don't think it will. I think it will just strengthen my relationship with Riley. At least I hope so. I remember being raised in a family where my parents explained things to me and that's what I want to do with Riley.
Just like all people, kids have their days. They have good days and bad days. They want to be heard. They want to be listened to. and That's what I want Riley to feel like she can do at our house. She will voice what is wrong or right in her world and her parents will no matter what love her and praise her...in her good times and bad times.
I am still learning.
I am not a parenting expert, nor will I ever be.
Nor do I want to be.
I want to make mistakes and learn from them because if I don't then I would be perfect and I truly don't want to be perfect.
I just want to be the best that I can be.
Isn't that what we are supposed to do?
You know how when you are little you have all these dreams of how your life will go?
Who you will marry...
I married the man of my dreams. I know I did.
You dream about your kids
What they will look like
What they will act like
What they will be like....
But in those dreams you never really know.
You make a mental list of all the things you child will do and will not do.
You probably imagine your child being a "perfect" child....
But in reality...
Your child won't sleeps thru the night from the start.
It will be MONTHS before your child sleeps through the night
But that first night that they do infact sleep all night, and for many nights after that you still won't.
Something else will wake you.
You will worry and go check on the baby.
But when you do find yourself sleeping thru the night again, it will be heavenly.
And then they will start teething and so the sleepless nights begin again....
But their sweet little face makes it all okay!
Something else will wake you.
You will worry and go check on the baby.
But when you do find yourself sleeping thru the night again, it will be heavenly.
And then they will start teething and so the sleepless nights begin again....
But their sweet little face makes it all okay!
Your child will pitch fits
And you won't know what to do the first time because it will be in public.
You will want to scream and yell too.
You will want to crawl in a hole and disappear.
But you won't because you love that child no matter what.
You know this stage too will pass.
You know this stage too will pass.
And you know we've all been there too.
Your child will turn your life upside down...in a good way.... but they will
You will put them first.
You might not buy yourself something new for a year.
Maybe even 18 years you will become selfish again.
But I doubt that...
Because the cycle of life will start again..
Because the cycle of life will start again..
But in all those dreams...You never dream of how rewarding it really is.
Riley is still better than those dreams.
With every sour moment, Riley does something sweet, and we feel like we won a trophy. She makes us so proud to be her parents.
With every sour moment, Riley does something sweet, and we feel like we won a trophy. She makes us so proud to be her parents.
I've had 16 months of this fun, spunky, bratty, spoiled, silly, wild, sweet, loving little baby.
YET
I still wake up craving more of her because she is everything GOD wanted her to be and HE knew what I needed.
Riley is EXACTLY what I need.
She's not perfect, nor do I ever expect her to be.
She is however perfect for me.
And she is so wonderful.
Fun.
Wild.
A Beautiful mix of David and I both!!!
She knows when I am sad. She hugs me. I've had a lot of sad days lately.
I lost my grandfather. Someone I loved and cherished. And somedays I find myself hugging his pictures and crying. When I do, Riley walks over to me and holds me.
Suddenly I am not sad anymore. Simply because in that moment, I feel my Opa through her.
And that is amazing to me.
There's something about having a GIRL.
Well maybe it's my girl, but Riley is tender hearted. She is sweet. But she loves to be out in the dirt and get dirty. And I love that about her.
There's something about having a GIRL.
Well maybe it's my girl, but Riley is tender hearted. She is sweet. But she loves to be out in the dirt and get dirty. And I love that about her.
June will be two years of marriage for David and I. We both can't believe it. This marriage TRULY has been nothing but fun. When you marry the right person it is fun. Even the hard days and the struggles it's still fun. He and I both find ways to laugh. I love him with all that I have and more. I wake up each day with a whole new reason I love his stinky little self.
(My heart throb right there. and when I got this picture I think my heart stopped. PERFECTION)
I remember the day like it was yesterday.
I had a deep desire for a margarita. David said I couldn't until I knew.
I was only to be denied a margarita by two red lines.
The day those two red lines changed my fate. May 5th 2011.
One of the best days of my life.
Those two red lines have come so VERY far.
I can't wait to do it all over again in a few years.
But first we want to enjoy Riley.
Simply because she is so much fun.
Riley has reached an age now where people think it's time for us to expand our family. But we just aren't ready.
David and I REALLY and WHOLE HEARTEDLY enjoy Riley.
And we want at least 3 years with her before we decide to add on.
Riley's 16 month Milestones:
2) She walks and has been walking since March. Now she is attempting to master RUNNING.
4) She LOVES FRUIT. This is a total change from her infant food months. She used to LOVE veggies. She still likes veggies but not nearly as much.
5) She is a CARB JUNKIE just like her momma....oppps.....
7) She loves Milk! Tolerates water and will down some juice. We mostly try to avoid juice though.
8) She copies most things we do now a days. For example: If I dance she will dance too.
9) She gives huge open mouth kisses and wonderful hugs.....when the time is best for her.
10) She is starting to learn how to use a spoon and fork but still rathers her hands as they get food into her mouth much quicker and easier.
11) She enjoys being outside way more than she does being trapped inside.
12) She now wears 12-18 months clothing and some 18-24 months clothing. She still can fit into 9 months stuff though.
13) Her umbilical hernia still has not fixed itself. Oh YEAH she has one of those. We found out about that at her 1 year old check up.......
15)She still sucks her thumb and she now has 12 teeth but I think we are working on at least 2 more. She has 4 molars one on each gum line. (two on left, one top one bottom. two on right, one top one bottom)
16) She's still the GREATEST thing that has ever happened to David or I. That will never change. We will only one day add another greatest thing in our lives. Not for a few more years though.
17) She does the DEEPEST belly laugh sometimes.
Until next time.
The Lyman Clan xoxoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment