Welcome to MY world. Where life isn't always as simple put together as it seems. I was born with a BI-Lateral hearing loss, meaning I wear hearing aids in both ears. I DO not let it hinder me in anyway and strive to live life with whatever comes my way. This is my journey as a mom and a wife living in a world of continual silence at times. I am out to show the world that this is not going to stop me from achieving my dreams and being the best I can be. I know I was made this way for a reason. While we may not always understand why, we have to try our best to figure it out.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Riley 19 Months

I'm terrible at this blog thing. REALLY REALLY BAD. Sometimes I wonder why I picked up this hobby.
But then I look back at any previous post I've made and remember why I like to blog. Blogging is so freeing. So fun. So simple. I blog about fun things. Mostly Riley. AND our life. I don't do it for money and I don't do it for readers. I don't really have any readers other than me anyways. That is okay.

Riley is 19 months. 
WHAT? 
What does 19 months mean anyways? 
She's one month older than 18 months. 
She's not just 1.5 years anymore. She's older than that. 
And she's like 5 thousand times more fun than 18 months. O
kay well 31 days more fun, but you get my point. 

What is she doing these days?

She's walking. (Take that back) RUNNING. 
Walk hardly exist in her word bank. Look at her she's standing in front of you. Blink, she's GONE. In the next room, hiding behind the curtains, and laughing. And yes all you did was blink. She, I tell you is FAST. Gets that from her daddy!

She's as picky of a eater as picky comes. 
I have "go to" foods. 
You know the ones you pick when she won't eat the "Chicken Parm Meatloaf Bites" she ate last week. (which by the way are a huge hit with the Husband and myself, we eat these weekly). 
It's rare she doesn't eat something off Weelicious.com but when she doesn't I will pull out a can of black beans. and girlfriend goes to town on beans. She loves green beans. BREAD. Pasta. Mashed Potatoes. That's about it. I worry. A lot about her lack of apetite but then my mom reminds me I hardly ate when I turned 18 months because I was picky and she always say "and look at you, you turned out alright". I think she says that to make herself feel better, because it never ever makes me feel better. Love you mom.

She's says "Jackie" like it's her job, and she could get paid to say it I would be RICH.
(Jackie is our neighbors dog, but sometimes I swear she's ours because Riley calls her constantly like she lives in our house)
Other words...
Momma, Daddy, Ball (used in reference for EVERYTHING), bubble, BIVVEEE (meaning Five in normal peolpe English), Brog (meaning frog), flower, Bird, tree, Shay (daycare teacher), Hi, hey, no-no,  more, Minnie, water (well wa-wa) and done.

So we have alot more words than I thought. But somedays I still worry.
That's a mom's job anyways right?

She's a doll. And I love life as her mommy! She fills my hear with total joy.

Until next time,
The Lyman Clan

(next blog Photo drop)

No comments:

Post a Comment