(Disclaimer: There is a long intro to read through prior to getting to the pictures. There are also a BUNCH of pictures. Read this blog at your risk...)
I quit working in September to go back to school full time. David and I had planned on me working for one more semester and then when Spring 2014 rolled around I was going to quit and just solely do school. But things didn't go as planned, because as we are continually learning in life, we can't make our plans. HE has already made them for us. But my former job (which I will leave undisclosed) said they would NOT work with after saying they would and David and I made a decision (with some of the advice of my former boss) for me to quit and go to school.
As my wise husband said when I struggling with making a decision
"Grace, your diploma is SO MUCH BIGGER than [them]."
I never forget those words coming through my phone when I was heartbroken and crying on my lunch break. But he was/is right, and so we decided to suck it up and let me quit. I have to say this is a very weird stage in my life. I am married, with a kid and back in college...and NOT WORKING.
I have never not worked. I take it day by day. I've toyed around with the idea of finding other part time work but in the end, I keep realizing that this is HIS plan and I am supposed to lead this life. I am fully enjoying my extra time with Riley and racking up on the good grades. Granted my degree will not be any where related to my past job BUT I am completely okay with that because that REALLY IS NOT what I want to do with the rest of my life. Anyways, I also have a good friend who lets me pick up hours here and there at her new store. Which I've been fully enjoying on the days I am there. Thanks my sweet friend Courtney!
ANYWAYS. That was NOT the point of this blog. That was a total tangent and I hadn't even started my reason for writing today.
BUT like I said, I guess really I had to quit working in September to go back to school. Being a student comes with really great perks...like random breaks.
My mom always goes to Ohio to visit my grandma around her birthday and my super awesome FALL BREAK (student perk) fell around that time and I have been dying to take Riley to see my Grandma. So I asked mom if she would mind and Riley and I tagged along on the trip.
I for one was not going to fly by myself with Riley for the first time and David was not able to go.
So Riley and I went to Ohio with my mom, leaving Friday the 4th and returned LATE Wednesday the 9th (Grandma's birthday).
Pictures from our first flight. A tiny 9 Row plane. There were maybe 15 people on the plane. PERFECT for a first time baby. Granted this was the first of our two flights for the night but it was a good warm up for her and she got to spread out on this flight. Riley did WONDERFUL on all the flights we flew on. I am so thankful for that and all the prayers that helped her do great!
Night one. Eating Lobster bisque from "Salmon Dave's", which is one of my moms favorite places to eat in Ohio.
Only picture I have from brunch Sunday morning with Grandpa, June, mom and Grandma. Riley was a doll. Again, I was so thankful for that!
Just playing with Nonna in the parking lot after brunch.
The purpose of our trip was to help grandma clean her house for when she ONE day she decides to sell the house, it will be hopefully a quick and painless process....much UNLIKE the cleaning part. We were there got thru a total of ONE room...that's how much stuff this woman has. I guess I should mention she has lived there for 50 years and had 5 children in it. Much of their childhood stuff is STILL in that house. YES. I know. My mom has been out of the house for OVER 30 years...
Anyways. Riley MUCHLY enjoyed playing with Grandma's bangles and all the extra junk valuables she has in her house.
Things like milk glass which she swears is worth something... which when we looked on ebay for the exact thing she has was worth...oh you know 7.00 dollars...Totally antique.
Don't get me started on the closets.
Riley did a lot of watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on mom's beloved iPad, which was a super lifesaver. That and eating.
And watching old fashion cartoon's on grandma's old tiny TV's...which hardly work.
She ate lots of fruits. TONS of raspberries and blueberries. Mostly on the floor at grandma's.
She did some texting and FaceTime'ing daddy aka "Husband" in my phone. She probably enjoyed this the most.
She spent a large portion of Monday evening reading with my cousin Mark, to her she will probably call him "Uncle Mark". She really seemed to enjoy him a lot.
She also discovered her love for melons. Here we are eating watermelon.....
....And making GREAT faces while doing so....
We ate some watermelon sitting on the floor while watching "GG" play on her iPad.
We wore some killer cute boots and did more texting daddy.
We drove by where my parents last worked together before moving down south. This is the location and the building but the restaurant name and the color and such have changed since... of course since that was like 30 years ago.
We went to Malley's which is only like the BEST chocolate, ice cream, and candy store around. It's safe to say from these pictures Riley FULLY enjoyed this part of the trip. Just like her mommy!
She kept getting the candy and running it over to my basket. I think if I had ACTUALLY bought everything she gave me, it would have equaled over 100 dollars. These pictures don't even begin to show how much she truly put in there. I eventually had to stop to distract her and get all the candy back to the right spot. Thanks Riley..
After a great Malley's trip, we went for one more lunch with Grandma, mom, and Aunt Jan. It was a blast and we were sad it was almost time to go.
Naps in the BIG bed because I had already put up the pack and play. A quick nap before our flight out to head home and see DADDY!!!
My sweet angel was all worn out from a wonderful trip to Ohio.
Mickey Mouse saves the day again. Watching it on the iPad in the Charlotte Airport on our 4 hour layover. All leading up to the much-ly anticipated trip home to see DADDY.
I couldn't get pictures because I was too busy crying seeing how sweetly my baby loves her daddy. Riley spotted him from WAY far back and took off RUNNING to her daddy yelling "daddy, daddy, my daddy, my daddy, oh my daddy!" It was so cute. Which then leaded up to her wonderfully sweet hug and kiss to her daddy and she refused to let him go.
She was also so exhausted because our flight was delayed an hour, and we sat on the runway waiting for our turn to take off for almost 40 minutes. We didn't get in until well after 9:10pm and Riley has a very normal bedtime of 8pm on the dot. She only had about an 45 minute nap that day, where she normally takes up to 3 hours. Needless to say she was worn slap out. We got in the car and she fell asleep within minutes and didn't even attempt to wake up when we brought her in, changed her and then put her in bed. Oh and she slept until 10:30 the following morning AND took a 2 hour nap.
BABY WAS WORN OUT.
But all in all it was a wonderful trip and I cannot wait to do it all over again one day soon.
Thanks mom for taking us.
Thanks Grandma/GG for letting us stay and Riley destroy the house. We love you both!
No comments:
Post a Comment